[3830] IARU AD4L SO Mixed

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU AD4L SO Mixed
From: ad4l@portbridge.com (ad4l@portbridge.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:39:25 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: AD4L
Operator(s): AD4L
Station: AD4L

Class: SO Mixed  Power: HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:       6        3        5
   40:      74       77       38
   20:      73      766       51
   15:      29      426       46
   10:       0       61        8
-----------------------------------
Total:     182     1333      148  =  809,412

Club: PVRC

Comments:

I got a double wammy on 15 Saturday as there was no decent propagation to
Europe in the morning and then an S8 level line noise later in the day blasted
me right off my run frequency when there was decent conditions.I just scrambled
around on 20 in the morning and made a lot of Qs but it threw me off and I
ended up neglecting 10. I was lucky enough to discover my 40m wire had a bad
coax connection before the sun went down and was able to pull it down and fix
it before dark. Between that and a few domestic issues I only put 21 hours into
the contest compared to 23 last year. I still don't know the code but there
seems to be an osmosis process going on that is promising and the ability to
eat while making contacts sure adds to personal comfort.

The new QTH seems to play better than the old one and I'm looking forward to
getting an initial Rohn 45 tower up this year.

Heartfelt thanks to the contest enthusiasts of Germany, who seemed to
account for 1/3 of my score this weekend.

TS850 + Ten Tec Titan, CT9, A4S @ 65' on an AB577, 40m inverted V at 60'

-Pete
AD4L (ex KS4XG)