[3830] IARU K3ZO SO Mixed

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K3ZO SO Mixed
From: aalaun@attglobal.net (aalaun@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:10:23 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: K3ZO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Mixed  Power: HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:       6                 6
   80:      28       12       32
   40:     295       23       55
   20:     459      416       63
   15:     407      267       48
   10:      41      260       26
-----------------------------------
Total:    1236      978      230  =  1,841,840

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Lightning took out my prop pitch last Tuesday night so I was left
with my big 15 and 20 meter Yagis stuck pointing SW.  My 4-el W6PU
quads at 78 feet did virtually all the work on 10, 15 and 20 this time.
Score about 200 K down from last year's.  Low bands were fairly quiet
for this time of year; surprised to work SN0HQ on 160.  Overall condx
were OK except for around 0800-0900 UTC when it appears the K index
peaked and 20 was not so hot.  Tried 40 meter SSB and was surprised when
KL7, a few VKs, P29 and PY6 called me on my own frequency.