[3830] IARU W1DAD SO Mixed

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU W1DAD SO Mixed
From: W1DAD@ARRL.NET (W1DAD@ARRL.NET)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:43:15 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: W1DAD
Operator(s): W1DAD
Station: W1DAD

Class: SO Mixed  Power: LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:       3        0        2
   80:       5        8        5
   40:      17       16       20
   20:      20      235       43
   15:      28       91       30
   10:       1       30       11
-----------------------------------
Total:      74      380      111  =  137,640

Club: YANKEE CLIPPER CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Had fun and beat last year's score.  Happy to work former fellow radio club
member and friend Bert, N4CW (ex W1IHN) after many years.  Let's do it again
sometime.

I was going to operate SSB only since my CW needs practice but I decided to
jump in and make some CW Q's. I'm somewhere between 20-24 WPM so I hesitated to
call CQ on CW but no problem answering CQs since I could listen for the
callsign and exchange several times.

Glad that I tried CW since I worked my first VR2 in 23 years of hamming and it
was on 15 CW!  The other high point was when HL0EXN answered my "CQ Contest" on
15 SSB.  I'm only running Carolina Windoms at about 40 feet.