[3830] NAQP RTTY NB1B SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NB1B SO
From: nb1b@mediaone.net (nb1b@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 06:41:42 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - RTTY

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: SO LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

   80:      3      3
   40:     14     10
   20:     61     26
   15:     66     23
   10:     25     16
----------------------
Total:    169     78  =  13,182

Club/Team: TCG DULCIMERS

Comments:

My first ever RTTY QSOs, and my first RTTY contest!  Even though I had
practiced with Writelog/RTTYrite the prior day, once the contest started I
found it very difficult to make QSOs.  My setup is an 800MHz Athlon computer to
a rigblaster to a 1000MP- yet, in the heat of battle, I couldnt figure out how
to shift the passband so that I could use a narrow filter.  Wound up using the
2.4KHz filter for the entire contest, and it was tough to find someone, get the
proper place on the tuning slope, and fine tune it over the 2.4KHz bandwidth to
be able to work him.  If I do this again, I will have that problem solved.