[3830] GQP - AA4LR

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] GQP - AA4LR
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:03:21 -0400

Georgia QSO Party

Call: AA4LR
County: Gwinnett

          SSB       SSB
Band      QSOs      Mults
160m        0         0
80m         6         1
40m         9         4
20m        15        10
15m        18         7
10m         2         2
--------------------------
           50    *   24       = 1200

Operating Time: 2.7 hours

Comments:

Spent most of my energy working on my tower instead of operating. Managed
to get the mast in the 15' of tower, but my wife couldn't lift a tower
section. Dan, W4EA came over on Sunday and helped me mount one section,
so I'm ready to install another house bracket.

Just a few hours of operating. Didn't hear many GA stations, and called
all I could. Called CQ almost exclusively. K4BAI called me on 40m.

Despite W4NTI's admonition, I spent a lot of time on 40m and 80m, but did
not manage to work an AL station. Perhaps next year I'll get to spend
some more time, as well as work some CW.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901