[3830] IOTA GM2T M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IOTA GM2T M/S
From: gm0cln@cpsarc.com (gm0cln@cpsarc.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 05:05:19 -0400 (EDT)
                     IOTA Contest

Call: GM2T
Operator(s): MM0DXC, GM7OLQ, GM0CLN, MM0DXC, M5BAP, GM4UYZ, GM0NTL, GM4IKU,
MM0ANT, GM4XZZ, MM1CPP, GM0BWU, 2M1GLD
Station:

Class: M/S  Power: HP
QTH: Island
Operating Time (hrs): 24

 Band     QSOs     Mults    QSOs    Mults
   80:      10       11       48       23
   40:      73       36      147       38
   20:      64       14      740       84
   15:      69       20      584       77
   10:      11       12      265       44
Total:     227       93     1784      266  =  5,078,055

Club: COCKENZIE & PORT SETON ARC

Comments:

     Yet another GREAT IOTA Contest!   We all had a blast and
     thoroughly enjoyed the weekend despite a definite lack of sleep and
     a multitude of problems.   Failures included 1 PC, 1 Monitor and a
     Rotator which refused to work due to voltage drop until we reduced
     the length of the cable run!   Not to mention tripping the mains
     circuit breaker about a dozen times during set-up (probably due to
     water in electrics!) and having the run station plunged into darkness
     early on Sunday morning when our host returned from the pub and
     unplugged our mains lead so that he could plug in some fairy lights!
     The main improvement had to be having DX Cluster access.   This is
     reflected in our score which has more than doubled since last year.