[3830] WAE CW AE9B SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE CW AE9B SOAB LP
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh@discoverynet.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:16:00 -0400 (EDT)
                     WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B
Station: AE9B

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:      0      0      0
   40:      0      0      0
   20:      9     15      3
   15:    111    105     30
   10:      0      0      0
-------------------------------
Total:    120    120     33  =  15,840

Club/Team:

Comments:

You think your weekend was hecktic? Friday night: travel from Kansas City to
Chicago, drive time 10 hours. Saturday visit with local guru about beverage
antennas, deal with family of in-laws while preparing to drive back. Saturday
evening: Drive from Chicago to Kansas City 10 hours arrive midnight. Sunday...
I really like the WAE contest and even though I don't have any chance of
anything... I "have to get at least 100 "Q's"... 15 M going pretty good until
about 70 "Q's" the ??? try 20M but only 9A6DM where is everyone.. all stateside
call CQ but few contacts... Dinner time in Europe?... Decided to run 300 feet
of new 75ohm coax to beverage (160/80M) put on two ends and quicky test...
everything OK... back to 15M for some more "Q's" finally 100... but what if a
couple don't count? So 10% or another 20 "Q's" just in case... I didn't miss
the contest... I was just a little busy.. what was your excuse for not
participating?