[3830] WAE CW 9A7P(9A6XX) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE CW 9A7P(9A6XX) SOAB LP
From: hrle@rkp.ice.hr (hrle@rkp.ice.hr)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:14:20 -0400 (EDT)
                     WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: 9A7P
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A7P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:     11      0     12
   40:     33     21     36
   20:    109    218     38
   15:    151    719     48
   10:     28     58     32
-------------------------------
Total:    332   1016    166  =  223,760

Club/Team:

Comments:

EQ: TS440S (100w) + bunch of wires
QTH: downtown

Haaah.. sorry to all that have waited me to get my QTCs.. but I got nerved out
couple of times too...

I asked every station that was over S1 for QTCs... from KA1I/NH2 to VU2PAI, and
bunch of others that were so kind to gave them out... also there was few I
really had to bug.. I know I came back to KE9I like dozen of times (sorry dude
:)) but got out my 10 QTCs .. :))) and I know I got PV8DX's 9 QTCs right away
but never got last QTC altough I came back many many times :)))
those 2 stations I remember the most.. :)

Never had such a poor rates.. sometimes as bad as 10 q/h.. what kind a rate is
that?! Also noticed very low "other-than-USA" activity, and really struggled
for all mults.. no way to break pile ups on 80m (J38PA, VP2E...)...

where were the usuall guys like UP0L, UN4L, SU9ZZ, 4X/OL7D ?! all off them in
last year's top 5 and this year outta their sigs :((( easy mults and QTCs gone
in the wind...

found 80m as a verrryyy good band...KC1XX, N4AF, N3RD, N2NC where really
bombastic there...

as my time was limited (only 16 hours) I'm happy with what I've done.. they say
first million QTCs is hardest :)) hihi .. i'm happy with 1K QTCs which is 3
QTCs on each QSO..:))

Next time shall I go for 2K QTCs? naaah.. too much people would be pissed off
:)

Highlights: 80+ stations = 10 QTCs
Lowlights: almost everybody scared of QTCs anddd...we need more K1ARs, ZW5Bs,
N9FHs, C4As for real QTC fun...

CW & QTCs 4EVER

Hrle - 9A6XX ex.9A6NHH
age 18