[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2
From: nx5m@arrl.net (nx5m@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:01:51 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): N5XJ, NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 12:00

  160:     21     12
   80:     54     20
   40:    257     54
   20:    741     59
   15:    411     53
   10:     18     11
----------------------
Total:   1502    209  =  313,918

Club/Team: YVCC

Comments:

A typical summer NAQP. This is the first one we have done in the M2 catagory
here since 1997.  I suppose we all know how noisy it was.  10m did not
cooperate so we only attained about 40% of the anticipated multipliers on that
band.
80 and 160.....with storms just to our north, and with that being the direction
we need to be able to hear from, we simply could not reach our goals for those
two bands.
This seemed to be more of a 3 band contest for us.  Between 10, 80 and 160 we
only had 43 multipliers.  Big wow!
Lets make it really interesting and count all those "lighthouse" stations as
multipliers.
Thanks for the Q's!

Bob NX5M +Mike N5XJ