[3830] CQP N6MJ(@W6KP) SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP N6MJ(@W6KP) SO HP
From: dann6mj@home.com (dann6mj@home.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 22:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: N6MJ
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6KP

Class: SO  Power: HP
QTH: RIV
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:       2        8
   80:      51       34
   40:     134      107
   20:     177      496
   15:     186      342
   10:     166      997
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     716     1984       58  =  354,322

Club:

Comments:

Congrats to K6NA for yet another excellent score.  This was my first single op
contest using computer keying on CW, so thats why I sounded like a lid on CW
most of the time.  I like sending CW by hand alot better.  The tough mult this
year was HI.  I didnt work it until 0155z when I worked WH6CZD on 20m. The rate
was very good the first day, but sunday the rate went downhill.  I think the
fact that we went to war on sunday was a major factor.  This is the first year
that I qualify for the wine, I just turned 21 5 days ago.

I only had one major problem all weekend.  At around 23z a brush fire broke out
about a mile from KP's house.  It was kinda windy, and KP has alot of brush
around his house.  Luckily the Fire Deparment went to work quickly and put it
out.  It was kinda neat looking out the garage door and seeing the water
dropping planes fly right over the house.

73, Dan N6MJ