[3830] Oceania Phone ZL6QH M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Oceania Phone ZL6QH M/M HP
From: brianmiller@xtra.co.nz (brianmiller@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 06:58:43 -0400 (EDT)
                     Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): ZL1AXG, ZL2AMI, ZL2BSJ, ZL2AOV, ZL2UO, ZL2DZ, ZL2CA, ZL2ACJ, ZL1AZE
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ZL2
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:      2      1
   80:     22     12
   40:     29     18
   20:    635    330
   15:    721    364
   10:    676    312
----------------------
Total:   2085   1037  =  4,676,870

Club: Wellington Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

At this stage it looks like we have beaten the 3.9 M score that we achieved
last year.

Conditions on the low bands were terrible although we did manage to work a
string of USA stations on 80m during the early hours of Sunday morning.

The high bands were excellent. We had a more QSOs on 10m than last year - this
is the main reason for the improved score.

Our highest run rate (3 stations combined) was 157 per hour - in the first and
last hours of the contest. It ended up being a real sprint to the finish.

Unfortunately a cold Southerly storm hit us on Sunday afternoon and caused a
problem with one of the Vee beam feeders. It was NOT fun fixing that problem in
horizontal hail - but then that is all part of the contesting game!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and supporting the contest

73

Brian ZL1AZE
for the ZL6QH team