[3830] CQWW SSB VE2ZP SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE2ZP SOSB/10 HP
From: ve2zp@rac.ca (ve2zp@rac.ca)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:43:38 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2ZP
Operator(s): VE2ZP
Station: VE2ZP

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Zone 5
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   1966     37    144
-------------------------------
Total:   1966     37    144  =  953,508

Club/Team: Capital Region DX Club

Comments:

Conditions were quite good on Saturday, less so on Sunday.

Late on Saturday, I noted "auroral flutter" on South American signals, but NOT
on Japanese or other east Asian signals.

Sunday morning, European signals came consistently from the south-east until
about 1800z.

The only zones I missed were 22, 23 and 36.  I never heard anyone from zones 22
and 23, although I did hear people working them, but missing 36 was ver
frustrating.  With ZD8Z not on this time, the only other zone 36 station was
D2BB.  I heard his Sunday morning, running Europeans.  A number of North
Americans called, but he couldn't hear any of us.  Eventually W3LPL broke
through.  D2BB worked 'LPL, then his previously strong signal became much
weaker.  I suspect he turned his beam to null out North America so he could
work just Europeans.

I came very close to breaking 1M points and 2000 QSOs.

I used a TS-850SAT xcvr, TL-922 amp and a KLM KT34xa (6el on 10m) up 85ft.