[3830] CQWW SSB W4ZV SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4ZV SOSB/10 HP
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (btippett@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:08:19 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   2676     40    156
-------------------------------
Total:   2676     40    156  =  1,514,688

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

*Amazing conditions especially the first day.  Even Sunday was not bad
considering the Ap index was 38!

*WAZ on 10!  Always a thrill to WAZ unassisted on a single band in one weekend.
The last time I did that was in the 1980's on 20 meters and I almost did it
twice this weekend by working at least 2 stations in every zone except 34.

*New claimed record.  My 1999 record was a hair over 1.4M so this should be a
new one even after UBN score reductions.

*If you want to see what the Saturday night aurora looked like...take a look at
http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_28oct01.html
Note brilliant red pictres from Troutman, NC about 40 miles from my QTH at
35.4 degrees North.

73,  Bill  W4ZV

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/images/W4ZV.htm