[3830] CQWW SSB VK2CZ(K3HZ) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VK2CZ(K3HZ) SOAB HP
From: k3hz@ieee.org (k3hz@ieee.org)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:24:09 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): K3HZ
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   1496     38    118
-------------------------------
Total:   1496     38    118  =  675,948

Club/Team: QF56 QSO Crawlers

Comments:

Missed zones 34 & 36, even though I beamed in there for over 9 hours. JY9 had a
rocking signal here, but could not crack the pile-up.  Like my AX8HZ operation
last year (from zone 29), I was plaqued by equipment failures.  One laptop
failed to run my dBase 3+ log program, even though it worked fine the day
before - having to swap to another laptop in the opening minutes.  Saturday
night (local) half of my yagi driven element came to the ground - SWR went off
the roof. Cockatoo's had chipped the plastic insulators.  Then in the final 8
hours, 10m closed big time here in VK/ZL. Only 4 QSO's in the closing 10
minutes, when the band was trying to re-open.

Some QSO counts for zones:
QSO's   Zone
0       34
0       36