[3830] CQWW SSB AE9B M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AE9B M/S HP
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh@discoverynet.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:27:55 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B, W0WG, W0ZAP, NW0L
Station: AE9B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KCMO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     15      8     12
   80:     52     17     44
   40:    109     26     74
   20:    479     37    133
   15:    529     36    129
   10:    619     38    140
-------------------------------
Total:   1803    162    532  =  3,411,010

Club/Team: KCDXC

Comments:

Rough log... We'll have to see after Computer problems, dupes, handlogs etc.

Overall fun time.. Got W0WG (Old NX0I) to come out and operate with his wealth
of knowledge... NW0L was limited due to some misguided priorities, W0ZAP did
well in his Nocturnal mode...

First Day was fun but never got any big runs going.. don't think I ever saw the
rate meter climb beyond about 150/hr but I guess that's to be expected from
Zone 4... not exactly a rare find in this one...

The Station seems to improve a little each time...

2- 1000 MPs, 2- KW Amps, 2 Tri Banders, 1- 2 El 40M beam,
1- 160/80M vertical, 2 beverages, 2 computers

May have doubled last year's score but it looks like most stations improved
from last year.

Thanks for the"Q's"

I think I'll take a trip to Chicago this weekend... Hummmm...??

Tom
AE9B