[3830] CQWW SSB KH6VV(KH6DV) SOSB/80 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KH6VV(KH6DV) SOSB/80 LP
From: KBQRADIO@CS.COM (KBQRADIO@CS.COM)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:06:32 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH6VV
Operator(s): KH6DV
Station: KH6VV

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:    238     13     14
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    238     13     14  =  18,657

Club/Team:

Comments:

Worst 80 meter conditions that I can remember, for longer than I care to
remember. Low bands under these kind of conditions are no place to be with low
power.  Way too many mults were unworkable, pure frustration. The first night
the big gun JA'S who are normally 20 over were S-3, Late the second night they
came up to S-8.  One night after the contest the very same stations were again
20 over.  The last time I operated 80 only for the exact amount of time I had
855 qso's.  I could generate a run, but couldnt hold it for more than a dozen
or two qso's.  The East-West paths never fully recovered during the contest
period.  I did hear three Europeans at their sunrise the second night (RU1A,
OH5BR, OH2U) all were weaker than normal. under normal conditions these and
others would have been workable, not this year.  The list of common multipliers
that I didnt work looks like an almost complete dxcc list.

Familiar contester quote .... "There is always next year."

Ron KH6DV (KH6VV)