[3830] CQWW SSB N0HF M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N0HF M/S HP
From: norman@cusys.edu (norman@cusys.edu)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:38:23 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N0HF
Operator(s): N0HF, AB0MV, AE0Q, K0UK, N4VI, WW1M
Station: N0HF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Boulder, CO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     35     12     25
   40:     63     20     40
   20:    151     30     85
   15:    270     31     88
   10:    451     27     95
-------------------------------
Total:    970    120    333  =  1,163,304

Club/Team: Grand Mesa Contestors

Comments:

Yes, conditions were fabulous except for 10m Sunday morning
and the low bands could have been better to Europe from here.
We had numerous station problems, spent more time than I wanted
fixing things.
The good news is Glenn, AEØQ, did some extensive low band antenna
comparisons and found what antenna combinations worked best.
We focused on agressively on multipliers since the mult. station
had a dedicated antenna and amplifier.  The new INRAD ssb narrow
filters for the ICOM 775DSP on the run staion worked well.

Equipment:

Run Station:
ICOM 775DSP
Alpha 86