[3830] CQWW SSB K2XR SOSB/20 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K2XR SOSB/20 HP
From: k2xr@hotmail.com (k2xr@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:31:30 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2XR
Operator(s): K2XR
Station: K2XR

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   1588     38    158
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:   1588     38    158  =  810,264

Club/Team:

Comments:

Not enough ops for our usual M/S enrty, so decided to do SOSB for the first
time since '91 for me. 48 hours is too much for me alone. Knew 10 or 15 would
be the hot bands, but my best antennas would be on 20, so 20 it is. Had seen
the flare reported, so knew that it would be prufent to exhaust myself until
conditions fell apart.
Absolutley wonderful conditions the first 26 hours, was sitting at 1200 Q's, 37
zones and 138 countries after 24 hours, and had high hopes ... and then all
record hopes dissappeared. Knocked off Early sunday morning. C'est la vie.
Thanks to all who called. See you in November.

Ft-1000MP  + Henry 3K

5 ele KLM at 70 feet rotates.

5 element F-12 at 100 feet fixed JA/PAC

A-4 at 80 feet SA/Carrib fixed