[3830] CQWW SSB GM2T M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB GM2T M/M HP
From: gm0cln@cpsarc.com (gm0cln@cpsarc.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 03:39:40 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GM2T
Operator(s): MM0CCC, GM0CLN, MM0DXC,  M0RNR, GM0RLZ, MM0BSM, GM7OLQ, GM4UYZ,
MM0ANT, GM4XZZ, MM1CPP, GM4WLL, GM0FZM, MM0OKG, GM1PLY, 2M1GLD
Station: GM2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: 14
Operating Time (hrs): 47.53

  160:     20      3     15
   80:    242      8     48
   40:    426     15     68
   20:   1632     31    111
   15:   1097     29     91
   10:   1243     29    105
-------------------------------
Total:   4660    115    438  =  4,831,008

Club/Team: COCKENZIE & PORT SETON ARC

Comments:

     A catalogue of disasters!   The failures/broken list reads
     as follows.   Couldn't get the computer network to operate at all.
     One laptop computer refused to power up.   We had no 160m or 80m
     antennas until Saturday evening and then it was only an 80m dipole
     at 15ft as the steel wire on the tower winch had started to fray.
     This also meant that the 10m yagi was at 20ft throughout instead of
     50ft.   The rotator on the 10m yagi broke, the TS850 on the 10m/80m
     station went up in a puff of smoke.   The main generator running the
     20m and 40m stations failed and was followed into retirement by the
     secondary generator with similar symptoms.  Fortunately we had a
     couple of spare generators which let us continue at slightly lower
     power levels and with fewer stations QRV.   Despite all of the above
     we enjoyed ourselves and had a great weekend.