[3830] ARRL SS CW W8MJ SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW W8MJ SO LP
From: w8mj@peoplepc.com (w8mj@peoplepc.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:15:28 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ
Station: W8MJ

Class: SO LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:      0
   80:    238
   40:    540
   20:    146
   15:     56
   10:    131
-------------------------------
Total:   1111 x     80  =  177,760

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I did a lot of antenna work during the summer going into the fall to get ready
for this contest season.  I phased three TH 7's on the first tower ( bottom one
pointed SE, middle one slightly SW, and the top NW), and rebuilt the 40 meter
beam from scratch, and mounted a TH 6 below it fixed West. Put up the usual
dipoles for 80 and 40 as well.  It paid off, my personnel best ever in CW
Sweepstakes.  I worked the second radio extensively - just kept going up and
down the bands 10-15-20 and working stations in between running on 40 meters.
Ran 80 and 40 during the night. When 40 went dead on Sunday - the high bands
were the place to be. The new antenna setup really helped out there.

See everyone in SSB in two weeks.

Go Mad River !!!!

73's Ken W8MJ