[3830] ARRL SS CW VE3BUC SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW VE3BUC SO LP
From: ve3buc@rac.ca (ve3buc@rac.ca)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:27:32 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: VE3BUC
Operator(s): VE3BUC
Station: VE3BUC

Class: SO LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:      0
   80:      5
   40:    154
   20:    132
   15:    111
   10:     48
-------------------------------
Total:    450 x     76  =  68,400

Club:

Comments:

2001 ARRL November Sweepstakes

CALL USED      VE3BUC       MODE:    CW   ARRL SECTION ON

Equipment Description:
Rigs: Yaesu Mark V FT-1000MP at <150 watts
Antennas: Mosley TA33Jr at 8 meters, Alpha-Delta DX/DD for 40/80

Comments: This was my first time to enter this contest and did much better than
expected. Beat out last year's phone results by 5 Qs but was not able to get a
sweep unlike in the phone contest. A year ago I was just begining to do cw
contests and the Sweeps was just a bit too challenging at that time. It was
still a challenge but by operating strictly s&p I got by and had a lot of fun.
Thanks to all for the contacts.

After using Writelog in the CQWW I used it again in the Sweeps. What a
different personality for this contest. I found the QSO Entry window to be
especially frustrating in this contest. Use tab to move between fields except
for the check field which moves automatically. You would think that after a few
hundred contacts I would get used to this peculiarity. No way! Consistency is
important for a user interface and this one needs fixing. Otherwise the cw
component of Writelog worked flawlessly.

Don Cassel VE3BUC
8 Markham St.
Bramalea, Ont. L6S 2X7
Canada