[3830] ARRL SS CW WX0B(K5GA) SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW WX0B(K5GA) SO HP
From: k5ga@worldnet.att.net (k5ga@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:12:05 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: SO HP
QTH: N TX.
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:   1361 x     80  =  217,760

Club:

Comments:

I think I've entered into the "OM" status. For the first time ever, I overslept
Sunday morning. I had the clock set for 1100, and woke up at 1245 !!! That cost
me 50-60 Qs, and I figure I made up 20-30 of them during the day. So, my final
Q count would probably have been 1380-1390.

Anyway, Jay has improved the station immensely as I felt loud on every band,
especially 40. I had a little trouble when I first went there, but got settled
in with only a couple of minor fumbles in the process.

I got closer to the big boys this time, so maybe next year I can get even with
them !!

I had a great time for the first half at least. Unfortunately, no rate to be
had all day Sunday. Very difficult for me to not say change is needed. Nobody
likes change, but SS on Sunday is not what contesting should be. There are only
a finite number of stations to work over the weekend, and due to technical
advances and operating acumen, Qs are made so fast, it's over at noon. To think
SS used to be two weekends. Well, now it needs to be 1 DAY.

Thanks go to Jay and Sharon...what great hosts they are. They make me feel
right at home, and I truly appreciate their efforts made for my SS adventures.

73,

Bill  K5GA