[3830] NA9D SOU SS SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA9D SOU SS SSB
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 23:56:52 -0600
                             SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Dates : 17-Nov-01, 18-Nov-01, 19-Nov-01

     Callsign Used : NA9D
          Operator : NA9D

          Category : SOU

  Default Exchange : S/N U NA9D 87 IL

              Name : Jon Ogden
           Address : 905 Surrey Lane
    City/State/Zip : Algonquin, IL 60102
           Country : United States

         Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters

    80SSB      44          44         88       0
    40SSB     843         843       1686      37
    20SSB     114         114        228       0
    15SSB     109         109        218       1
    10SSB     172         172        344      42

  Totals     1282        1282       2564      80

     Final Score = 205120 points.

First clean sweep ever!  Had it nearly by Saturday night.  Man packet
spotting helps!  I just had to pick up NL on Sunday morning.  That's the
single mult on 15.  Started out on 10 which was good, but as the band died,
I went to my best domestic band - 40m.  WOW!  Was that incredible.  Over 3
hours of nearly 100 an hour!  Saw the rate meter hit over 200/hr during a
six minute period.  Personal best!  I got rattled by a couple of Spanish
speaking stations who decided to open up a QSO about a kc above me.  Left
the frequency and never got a great rhythm for the rest of the weekend.  Big
mistake.  Should have just stayed there.  Someone else took my frequency
then and ran with it.  Oh well......Sunday was not bad, but just slow rates
for the most part.  Had some frustrating RFI problems with my rig and my
computer set up.  First time running audio through the sound board and it's
not debugged like I thought I had it before the contest!  Oh well......Still
it was fun!

73,

Jon
NA9D