[3830] ARRL SS SSB VO1MP SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB VO1MP SO HP
From: gussam@newcomm.net (VO1MP)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:43:21 -0330
ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 2001

       Call:      VO1MP
       Category:  Single Operator
       Power:     High Power
       Band:      All Band
       Mode:      SSB
       Section:   NL

       BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

       160        0        0        -
        80        1        2        -
        40       10       20        -
        20        9       18        -
        15      748     1496        -
        10      273      546        -
      -----------------------------------

      Totals   1041     2082       80

                Score:  166,560

Power Output: KW     Hours of operation: 10

Equipment Description:  TS 850 - ALPHA 78 -
                         4el HB/15  4el HB/10 Tribander 20
                         Dipole 40/80   CT logging

Soap Box:

Started the contest CQ'ing on 15 at 2100 Z, a first for
me in this one, had a few good runs with reasonably well behaved
  piles( unlike the CW Test ). First Three hours  had 140,149, 141
  then 100 even as the band dropped off a bit. 530 in 4 hours for
  Sweepstakes is good any time FOR ME . Did a bit of tuning for mults
I needed  9 more before I hit the sack. Needed to get
my ten meter antenna back up on the tower on Sunday so Tuned around
  a bit on 40 when I got on about 1130 z then  Put the belt on and
  hauled  my 10 meter antenna back up the tower before I got back
  on the bands again. We had a 60MPH wind on Saturday, that was a
  bit uncomfortable especially with minus 10 C wind chill factor.
  Did not have to do much looking for mults they all seemed to find me.
  Finally had to quit CQ'in and go find NL & NWT for the last mult.
Found VO1WET on 10 meters  Wayne lives about 10 miles from here so
I didn,t have to wait long in his pile hi! CQ'ed on 10   for  while then
decided
a VY1 or VE8 was not going to find me hi!
  Found VY1VY on 21200 and patiently waited in line while he
  did his thing working by numbers . My patience was  rewarded
  when he stood by for QRP and Canadians after doing fives, nines, zeros
  etc, I must have been the only Canuck in his pile. So there it was an
  easy sweep hi! 78 out of 80 found me.
  Was happy to tune around for a while and actually find some guys
calling
  CQ -  NL  for their sweep. At least there were more of us VO's on this
time.
  Although I had to look for my only one hi!
  73  Hope cu on this weekend.
  GUS VO1MP

               Gus Samuelson  VO1MP
                28 Skinners Road