[3830] CQWW CW W7WHY SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7WHY SOAB HP
From: w7why@harborside.com (w7why@harborside.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:35:11 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

  160:
   80:      5      5      5
   40:     24     13     16
   20:    138     21     44
   15:     26      8      8
   10:    121     18     29
-------------------------------
Total:    314     65    102  =  148,129

Club/Team: Southern Oregon DX Association

Comments:

Boy, what a disappointment this weekend was.
I've been looking forward to this contest for a couple of months now and
things got pretty bad here on the leftcoast.  Started out OK Friday
night, but things started going bad in a hurry.  After 20 died out, there
was nothing left to work.  Saturday morning was weird--working stations on 20
that weren't even moving the S-meter.  Worked about and hour, gave up
and went out and hung Christmas lights on the house.  Tried working 40
Saturday night, but couldn't get much going.  Heard some good sigs from
Europe--IQ4A, S53A, and some others.  Called and called them to no avail.
Went to 80 and it seemed to be open but there weren't any staions around
to work.  I worked ZL2AGY, HC8N, JA3YBK and a VE7 in about 10 minutes.
Seems like the band was open but nobody was there.  Maybe some day
we'll have a good weekend to work a CW contest again.  If this is the
peak of the cycle, I can't wait till it goes down some.