[3830] CQWW CW N7DF SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7DF SOSB/10 HP
From: n7df@arrl.net (n7df@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:58:07 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7DF
Operator(s): N7DF
Station: N7DF

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: USA-W5
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:    975     33    116
-------------------------------
Total:    975     33    116  =  400,214

Club/Team:

Comments:

My FT 1000MP MKV arrived just 3 days before the contest. The Sub VFO CW filter
didn't work but I got around that by transmitting on the Sub abd listening on
the Main VFO.  Then, Saturday afternoon, the linear switching relay stuck shut
keeping the linear keyed in all the time and I listened to stations coupled
through the 3CX800s for about four hours before I realized what was happening.
Since the band was so bad I thought that it was just getting worse! After that
I put the old FT 990 back in service.  In the meantime wind gusts to 75 MPH
tore up my 6 element monobander and I ended up using a Cushcraft A-3 tribander
at 30 feet for the rest of the contest.  All-in-all I should have stayed in bed
all weekend!

BTW my horoscope for Friday read:  "Some days you are better off staying in
bed;  this is exactly how you feel,  Keep it together by not participating and
simply observing.  The less said the better off you are.  Tonight; run home
quickly!"

Next time I think I'll pay it more attention.