[3830] CQWW CW GM7V M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GM7V M/M HP
From: gm3woj@talk21.com (gm3woj@talk21.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:09:10 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GM7V
Operator(s): GM3WOJ, GM4AFF, GM4CXM, GM0GAV, GM0NAI, MM0CCC
Station: GM7V

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Inverness
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    590     10     56
   80:   1362     22     96
   40:   1888     36    114
   20:   2168     39    133
   15:   1795     38    139
   10:   1561     34    130
-------------------------------
Total:   9364    179    668  =  13,817,111

Club/Team: North of Scotland Contest Group

Comments:

We were trying to beat our 1999 score of 17.6M pts., but realised fairly early
on that this would be impossible with the auroral conditions on the Saturday -
this realisation made us relax a bit and probably enjoy the contest more.
Still, it was disappointing not to work more 3-point QSOs overall.  For the
first time in many years we had very few network problems (CT9.45 + Ethernet)
and less inter-station QRM.  It's amazing how less tired you are after 48 hours
of CW than after 48 hours of SSB !  Thanks to everyone who worked GM7V ! 73
Chris GM3WOJ