[3830] CQWW CW ZD8Z(N6TJ) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZD8Z(N6TJ) SOAB HP
From: n6tj@sbcglobal.net (n6tj@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 12:29:57 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZD8Z
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: ZD8Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ascension Island
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     33     10     27
   80:    200     17     59
   40:    375     24     62
   20:    803     31     86
   15:   1547     35    108
   10:   2660     32    120
-------------------------------
Total:   5618    149    462  =  10,212,254

Club/Team: SCCC

Comments:

Can you say 48 straight?  At AGE 62, am I the oldest to claim such madness?
Out of the chair probably no more than 10 minutes out of the 48 hours, and
ready to go for another 10 hours!  (Yeah, right).

Thought conditions to be very poor here in the South Atlantic; a shadow of what
we had 2 years ago.  But no excuses.  Still my best score ever.

CONGRATULATIONS to all who played by the same rules.  To the others, well, you
know who you are.

Still the best contest ever, and wishing we had two per year.

I was a last minute switch from single 10 meters, to SO/AB, thanks to
"encouragement" from my friends from Finland.  Thanks alot, guys, but very
happy to provide the elusive Zone 36 to the deserving.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger
N6TJ/ZD8Z