[3830] CQWW CW EA8EA(OH2MM) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EA8EA(OH2MM) SOAB HP
From: oh2mm@nettilinja.fi (oh2mm@nettilinja.fi)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:39:03 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EA8EA
Operator(s): OH2MM
Station: EA8EA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Canary Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:    143     14     49
   80:    429     17     56
   40:    811     27     74
   20:   1627     34    104
   15:   1590     34    105
   10:   2080     32    109
-------------------------------
Total:   6680    158    497  =  13,066,595

Club/Team: Contest Club Finland (CCF)

Comments:

Rig A: FT-1000MP + homebrew linear
Rig B: FT-1000MP + ACOM automatic linear
Program: TR version 6.60 (worked FB).

Ant A:
10-20 meters: Four fixed tribanders to: (1)NA; (2)SA+Long path Pacific;
(3)EU/Asia; and (4)Africa/Indian ocean. No rotators. There is no time to turn
beams by rotators - they are just too slow for a real action.
40 meters: 2-el yagi fixed to NA.
80 and 160 meters: Verticals with elevated radials

Ant B:
10-20 meters:3 el tribander with rotator.
40 meters: GP,
80 and 160 meters: Inverted-V

Two 160-meter-long bi-directional beverages, one EU-SA, the other NA-Africa

Murphy's: 40 meter 2-el yagi died. Receiver B's front end was burned by Radio
A, so the operation was mostly a one-radio effort.
Died rats in the ham shack (Radio Bunker). Terrible smell. (Maybe it was
helpful and raised adrenalin? - anyway - I can't recommend!).
I had made no CW in two years -> slow rates during 1st day.
I had made a better score from the same QTH 10 years ago with a much simpler
station.

Positive: No problem in operating full 48 h. (older people seem to need less
sleep). Beautiful WX, mild wind and beautiful sunshine, although I didn't see
it from the Bunker. But it helped keep antennas up and working. (The WX can be
very bad in Nov in EA8).

73, Ville  OH2MM OH0MM EA8EA WE3A PY2ZEA