[3830] ARRL160 WA9IRV SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 WA9IRV SO HP
From: feutz@wctc.net (feutz@wctc.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:33:45 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA9IRV
Operator(s): WA9IRV
Station: WA9IRV

Class: SO HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): lots

Total:     875     75        7      =  145468

Club/Team: SMC

Comments:

The band was good, except for a lack of DX, for the whole contest.  West coast
was a snap.  I only heard two EU stns the whole time,
OK and ON.  The piles on them were manageable.  Pity the poor guy (or gal, to
be politically correct) at V47KP (around 1810, sometime last night - its all
running together).  What a zoo.  Most of the callers obviously couldn't hear
him, as they were continually calling on top.  I gave up on that one.  Where
were the rest of the Carib. islands? ZF2, PY0F, CO and VP5 were it for  me.
Anybody get anything else?

Missed Ak, Nwt, Pr, Vi and Nl.  Life without spots.  Were any of these nil?
KL7Y usually comes thru in the doldrums.

Many, many SMC'ers.  Awright!! (haven't counted yet - too much like work right
now).

The damage:

    QSOs        Valid QSOs      Points  Mults   Countries

      878                875             1774     75         7

Final Score = 145468 points (subject to further review).

73,

Ron - WA9IRV