[3830] ARRL10 K9ZO(KB9UWU) SO SSB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 K9ZO(KB9UWU) SO SSB HP
From: kb9uwu@yahoo.com (kb9uwu@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:30:22 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: K9ZO

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   CW:
  SSB:   1737    144
----------------------
Total:   1737    144  =  500,832

Club: SMC

Comments:

58 sections, 82 dx.....  where was all the DX?? hmm

you coast guys need to try this one from W9 sometime....  then u can feel our
pain...  at times the prop is amazing.. other times.......well uh its not :)

fun weekend, was pretty serious...... throat  hurts a little, no voice keyer...
i dont know where mine is (yes i LOST my new mfj voice keyer)...

lota EU and US..... but where were the JAs?  bet i only worked 30-40 JAs.... i
worked more africans than JAs.  thank god for USA in this one...

Was really cool to get WAS in the first day... amazing how loud some sigs are
via scatter!

borrowed the 40m stack match and put it on 10m.... was nice to be able to have
a antenna at EU and one at W6... or JA, w6, carib ect...

Equipment:
FT1000MP
SB220 (1200 watts or so)
4 element duobaner at 75' (main antenna)
TH6 or something at 40'(rotatable) was at west coast most of the time
6el mono at 40' fixed SE......

congrats to all! (especially those who totally killed me)

BIG thanks to Ralph and Connie for letting me invade the basement once again!!

73,

Matt
KB9UWU

kb9uwu@yahoo.com