[3830]ARRL10 HG4I SO CW QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830]ARRL10 HG4I SO CW QRP
From: tibor@anico.hu (Szabo Tibor ANICO Ltd.)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:46:38 +0100
                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 2001

      Call: HG4I                     Country:  Hungary
                                     Category: Single Operator CW, QRP

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       355     1428       47       59
      SSB        0        0        0        0

      Totals   355     1428       47       59  =3D   151,368

All reports sent were 599, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
IC-765 8 W OUTPUT !! !! !! !! See remark...
TELEX HY-GAIN TH7DXX ANTENNA @28 mH

Period of operation: 13 hours

Club Affiliation: HADXC

Remarks:
1. I couldn't adjust my IC-765 to lower output power, but
the distance to the antenna need more as 40 meters coaxial=20
feed line with RG-213U cable. So I think the power in load
point of antenna wasn't more as 5 Watts, because the loss
attenuation on 28 Mc/s of RG-213 is cca. 2 dB-s (+ the
reflection loss @ 1:1,2 VSWR rate).
My opinion: that is OK from viewpoint 2.1.3.1. of "General
Rules for ARRL Contests on bands beloww 30 MHz".
2. It was fine propagation, but I haven't enought time
to contesting. So, the 8 W output was great to make any
DX stations. Many stations from the state side/east coast
were very strong and nice activity. But Africa......
I heard VK and ZL - it was not enought the power....
See you next year again with QRP.

           MAILING ADDRESS:
                e-mail: hg4i@hamradio.hu

               Tibor SZABO  HG4I