[3830] ARRL10 GM2T M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 GM2T M/S LP
From: colin.r.smith@baesystems.com (colin.r.smith@baesystems.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:08:18 +0000 (GMT)
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: GM2T
Operator(s): GM0CLN, MM0CCC, GM4ZRR
Station: FT1000MP barefoot and 4 ele monoband yagi at 6.5m agl

Class: Multi-Single Low Power
QTH: Kirknewton, West Lothian, Scotland
Operating Time (hrs): 23.20

   CW:    677    109
  SSB:    363     98
----------------------
Total:   1040    207  =  712,494

Club: Cockenzie & Port Seton ARC

Comments:

Hard work without DX Cluster Access in the shack and that's probably
why we missed so many mults.   Our first proper attempt at this event,
albeit with 100W and a 4 element yagi at 6.5m agl - both limited due
to suburban location!   However, it was great not to be in a cold and
draughty tent for a change!   Poor conditions to JA and Far East both
days, particularly on Saturday morning!   Some great stateside signals
though!   As relative newcomers to ARRL events it was frustrating for
us that so many US stations on SSB said "59 State Name" rather than
"59 (State abbreviation in phonetics)".   Too many states contain
letters which are very similar, so it's easy to log a QSO incorrectly
if the abbreviation is not given.   It's maybe up to us to keep a list
of state abbreviations but there should perhaps be some onus on the US
stations to assist too.   Having said that, any stations which were
questioned were more than willing to supply the state abbreviation.
Highlight - working ZL6QH despite conditions, Low points - missing VK5GN
both days!  Thanks to everyone who worked us, hope we can be a bigger
signal next year!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you from all at GM2T

Regards
Colin Smith GM0CLN

E-Mail : gm0cln@cpsarc.com