[3830] Stew PerryOQ4UN SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew PerryOQ4UN SO HP
From: john.devoldere@pandora.be (John Devoldere)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:15:14 -0000
Stew Perry 2001

CALL: OQ4UN
OPERATOR: ON4UN
STATION: ON4UN
MY GRID SQUARE: JO11
CATEGORY: SINGLE OP, HIGH POWER
AGE: 60

OPERATING TIME: 14 h 43 min

CLAIMED SCORE:  319 QSO,s total points =3D 1531 points

CONDITIONS:
Lousy! Not a single JA heard, and only just a couple of Asian stations =
(just a few UA9's,=20
4X4, A61, A92).  . Best DX: VK6HD, who else! 5H3RK was a nice suprise. =
He was very strong=20
coming in off the back of one onf my Beverages.

To the US: poor, poor, poor. Never heard W8JI so weak! Even Jack, VE1ZZ =
was weak!=20
Nevertheles I worked about 65 NA stations, the station furthest West was =
WB9Z...

No sunrise peak either, signals slowly sunk in the noise about 20 =
minutes before sunrise.

This really was a boring contest.... just 319 QSO's in 14 hours,=20
barely 20 QSO's per hour...

I think that as long as we see things happening on 50 MHZ (as it has =
been happening lately),
we should not expect much better than this I think.

One consoulation: it must have been poor for everyone.

It was my first participation in the Stew Perry contest, and I hope to =
be able to do it
again.

VY 73

John, ON4UN