[3830] Stew Perry N5UM SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry N5UM SO LP
From: aplant@gte.net (aplant@gte.net)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 01:00:12 -0500 (EST)
                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: SO LP
Grid Square: EM13
Operating Time (hrs): 4

QSOs:  106  Score: 264

Club:

Comments:

Wasn't sure if I was going to make a go of it (watch TV or play on 160M...play
on 160M or watch TV... hmmmm), but decided to force the RF into my G5RV a
little after the contest started.  I sure wish that I had more room for a real
160M antenna (but lot is only 130 x 70 with only 2 scrawny trees).  Had a lot
of fun working everyone.  Thanks for all the Q's and putting up with my puny
signal.

Rig:  IC756 100W
Antenna:  102' G5RV Inverted vee apex at 40ft and ends about 18ft.  NOT fed as
a Marconi (too much RF in the shack that way)

73 de N5UM  (the TX Top-Band Whisper)