[3830] RTTY Roundup K1RO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K1RO SOAB HP
From: k1ro@arrl.org (k1ro@arrl.org)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:18:39 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K1RO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:     69
   40:    319
   20:    475
   15:    450            <---Multipliers --->
   10:    370            W-VE    DX     Total
Total:   1683   1683      57     69      126   =  212,058

Club: YCCC

Comments:

Thanks to K1ZZ for use of his antenna farm.

Missed ND, NB, NWT and VY0. Was glad to see all the activity from W3PP this
year (hadn't worked Delaware before). And where did all the GA stations come
from? Didn't work a single one last year.

It's hard to compare to last year because of the difference in stations
(monobanders on tall towers in a quiet location versus my home station
tribander and wires at 40 feet on a suburban lot). Activity seemed a bit lower,
and 80 meters was nothing like last year. I guess 80 was too noisy and the
other bands were too good. At times it was hard to know what band to be on. It
was easier to find a spot to CQ and I hardly ever used the 250-Hz filters, but
perhaps that's because folks are spreading out more.

What a fun contest!

73, Mark K1RO