[3830] NAQP CW N7TR SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7TR SOAB LP
From: n7tr@rnodx.org (n7tr@rnodx.org)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:10:12 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N7TR
Operator(s):
Station: N7TR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:      5      4
   80:     66     24
   40:    172     45
   20:    245     52
   15:    236     51
   10:    190     46
----------------------
Total:    914    222  =  202,908

Club/Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Just a few things to remember for next NAQP?..

·       Read the rules PRIOR to the contest and not during!  Realized I needed
take two hours off at my sunset.  This killed my 40-80 Meter Q?s and Mults.
·       Do not take off during a 120/hr run on 40 after finding out you need to
take
two hours off, when you have 4 hours left in the contest!!
·       Do not operate the last hour without 160!!  80 was pretty much dead
during
this time..
·       Install a 160 antenna for the contest!
·       Started SO2R and things were going well?.Then the display on my New
FT-1000
MRK-V went blank after just an hour or so.  (Second MRK-V that has died like
this in just two weeks)  Then I was single radio for the rest of the contest?
·       S-9 Line noise on 10 meters?.
·       Do not think of  ?Work? during the contest!! ;-)

Still had a great time for this being my first real contest in the past few
years.  Time to get back into the fun!   Congrats to N2IC for an awesome
effort!!

73  Rich N7TR