[3830] NAQP CW W4PA(@K4JNY) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4PA(@K4JNY) SOAB LP
From: w4pa@yahoo.com (w4pa@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:07:27 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: W4PA
Operator(s): W4PA
Station: K4JNY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    151     36
   80:    215     46
   40:    228     49
   20:    246     52
   15:    186     55
   10:    119     50
----------------------
Total:   1145    288  =  329,760

Club/Team: TCG #1

Comments:

The old adage of anything put in the air, at the last minute, in the cold will
work better than what it replaced seemed to be true.  3 hours before the start
we had no 160 antenna at Jeff's - we managed to erect a bent 1/4 wave wire
vertical with 4 elevated 1/4 wave radials in 2 1/2 hours and (wow!) it was
resonant without any trimming, etc., needed.  When the W6's started answering
my CQ's on 160 I knew we had a winner.

Off times were 2103-2133, 2350-0040, 0520-0600.

Really thought I had a shot at winning it this time, MAJOR congratulations to
N2IC on that phenomenal 355K score.

Scott W4PA