[3830] NAQP CW N5QQ SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5QQ SOAB LP
From: n5qq@attbi.com (n5qq@attbi.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:06:19 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N5QQ
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: N5QQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:     45     21
   80:     91     33
   40:    115     36
   20:    202     46
   15:    167     43
   10:     81     28
----------------------
Total:    699    207  =  144,693

Club/Team: NTCC Team #1

Comments:

160M and 80M Q's suprised me - 10M Q's disappointed me - go configure!
First try at complete SO2R setup - so the first couple of hours I was mostly
"lost" I think.
My immediate critique is too much dual CQ'ing - should do more S&P for the
mults on radio 2? (and maybe no tower climbing and antenna installations for
the preceding 24 hours! see below)
Equipment was TR Log, IC765 and FT1000MP with TH7 at 60ft, A3 at 15ft (yes
15ft! I HAD to have SOMEthing) and a brand new multiband trap dipole for
160/80/40 at 45ft. Put up the TH7 and dipole at 10AM Saturday with W5WW's tower
assistance - nothing like last minute preparations. WW continued to help all
afternoon (while I operated) to get the "out-of-the-box" 3.9mhz resonant dipole
down to something usable in the CW portion of the band. Thanks Willie-Willie.
Can't wait to get the contest station real antennas and towers finished.