[3830] NAQP CW N3BB SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N3BB SOAB LP
From: n3bb@mindspring.com (n3bb@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:10:45 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:     43     25
   80:     65     35
   40:    191     49
   20:    157     48
   15:    217     51
   10:    179     49
----------------------
Total:    852    257  =  218,964

Club/Team: Austin Powers (CTDXCC)

Comments:

This was my first NAQP, and it was a terrific experience.  Great conditions and
fun.  I was disappointed that my QSO and mult numbers were not higher, although
I worked the two radios hard, with 250 alternate radio QSOs noted on NA, and
numerous moves-much appreciated.  Hats off to VO1MP, W4NTI, KA0GGI, K4LTA,
N4GG, KM5G, N6ZZ, W0UY, WQ5L, N9GG, K0CF, WC7S, WB0O, ZF2NT, and KJ5WX for the
moves.  ZF2NT was a six bander in two minutes, and WB0O was an elite competitor
who moved to four bands late in the contest even though he was right up there
near the top.  The conditions got so much better about sundown that I should
have taken some off time sooner.  Unfortunately I have my 80 and 160 antennas
on one feedline. so these primarily were S&P bands while running on 40 later in
the contest.  I needed to have spent more time on these two LF bands, as I am
about ten or fifteen mults short for sure due to the short time there.  It's
amazing that the top people in this had so many mults, as I was on two bands
the whole time, and moved a lot of people.  There are things I need to learn
for sure!

Conditions on 80 and 160 were very quiet, the best I have heard in a long time.

One gremlin hurt me, as the 20 meter stack didn't work at all.  I still don't
know what happened, as it worked the day before and the day after!
Fortunately, the KT34A multiplier antenna was fine, so that was my 20 meter
antenna, and it surprised me how well it did.  But it was a downer having to
deal with that problem, and not being able to spread out the 20 meter signals
with the stack.

Congrats to the people who had such outstanding results!

Jim George, N3BB