[3830] CQ160 CW W2GD Multi-Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W2GD Multi-Op HP
From: w2gd@hotmail (w2gd@hotmail)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:13:06 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): K2TW,  N2NC, N2NU, N2OO, W1GD, W2CG, W2GD, W2NO, W2RQ
Station: W2GD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NEW JERSEY
Operating Time (hrs): 40

QSOs: 1201  States/Provinces: 58  Countries: 58  Score: 551,000

Comments:

Rig:  IC781 X 2, IC765, ALPHA 87A X 2
Transmit Ants:  Delta Loop at 55 meters mounted above a salt marsh on NJ
shoreline; sloping dipole to West at 62 meters.

Receive Ants:  2 ele 333M long phased beverage to EU
Terminated 580' beverages to West and East
Unterminated 580' to 800', South, Southwest, Northwest

Wow....what a weekend....started slowly Friday evening, improved radically
Saturday night.  Condx first night favored stations to north and south...we
seemed to be in a dead zone for EU, but good to OC/PAC.  On Saturday night it
turned around and the runs were great to EU.

I'll write up and post more of a story later,  after some sleep.

We're looking for comparison signal reports - direct to w2gd@hotmail.com
especaily from stations in EU, SA, and OC...Thanks.