[3830] CQ160 CW VE2OJ Multi-Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE2OJ Multi-Op HP
From: ve3iay@rac.ca (ve3iay@rac.ca)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:18:09 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE2OJ
Operator(s): VE3EDR, VE3FFK, VE3IAY, VE3NJ, VE3OP
Station:

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: QC
Operating Time (hrs): 27

QSOs: 602  States/Provinces: 53  Countries: 16  Score: 203,895

Comments:

The amp's cooling fan stopped working on Saturday evening. Luckily we caught it
before any damage was done. Two of the group overhauled the fan while the
others carried on barefoot, then we went back to high power operation.

Overall it was our group's best effort yet. We were especially pleased to work
KH6 (twice) and VK. We worked all 10 Canadian provinces (no territories), but
stateside we missed AK, LA, ND, NE, NV, SD and WY. We are already looking
forward to next year!

Equipment: Kenwood TS-850 + amp: 400 watts
Antennas: Dipole up 60 feet