[3830] CQ160 SSB N3HXQ SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N3HXQ SO HP
From: n3hxq@arrl.net (n3hxq@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:47:41 -0500 (EST)
Approved:wn1uha

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N3HXQ
Operator(s): N3HXQ
Station: N3HXQ

Class: SO HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3

QSOs: 166  States/Provinces: 33  Countries: 3  Score: 13,248

Comments:

Antenna: Inverted-L at 60 feet, 16 radials all less than 140 feet facing SE

I only operated 3 hours the first night. I intended to operate the second
night, but I called my neighbors about something else and found out that I had
blown their phone system away. It rang, woke them up, etc. They finally
disconnected all their phones and went back to sleep. They didn't call me to
complain though.
I tried the K-COM 160 meter filter on their phones (they already had the
80m-10m
filters installed on all phones), but their *digital* house phone system
apparently uses signaling in the notch of the 160M filter, so they just didn't
work at all with the 160M filter installed. Oh well. I decided not to operate
the second night and save any remaining the goodwill for the ARRL DX next
weekend. :-)