[3830] WPX SSB WK4R(K4XS) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WK4R(K4XS) SOAB HP
From: cqtestk4xs@aol.com (cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:35:50 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WK4R
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  136
   40:   96
   20: 1204
   15: 1565
   10: 1134
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Cograts to KM3T and KQ2M.
I broke the old total qso record and the old multiplier record, but still got
whipped.
My first break was unscheduled.  In the middle of a 150 hour at 0000Z the the
coax seemed totally shorted on all bands.  It seems like the coax decided to fry
itself out at the PL 259.  I spent my first break at 0045 tracing the faulty
cable and preparing a new PL-259.  By that time 10 meters was gone.
Other than that I had a ball....runs were deep and long.