[3830] ARRLDX SSB NY4T M/S LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NY4T M/S LP
From: ny4t@comcast.net (ny4t@comcast.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:50:28 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NY4T
Operator(s): NY4T N4LKE W1ADE KR4FO KG4RDF KG4MHK
Station: NY4T

Class: M/S LP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:    2     2
   80:   15    12
   40:   59   177
   20:  154   462
   15:  216    78
   10:  536    92
-------------------
Total:  982   284  Total Score = 835,812

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

We had a lot of fun and improved on our previous effort by 158 Q's and 11 mults.
 It was also nice to have some new hams involved along with the regular crew of
wackos.  James, KG4RDF, is at least 25 years younger than anyone else on the
crew and was particularly excited to work his first DX contacts from here.  We
were hoping to break 1000 QSO's but the bands seemed to slump in the last two
hours and wading through all of the stations who identified themselves as QRZ'ed
made it impossible.  I wish the ARRL would make the callsign part of the
exchange in this one so that those who have no regard for s&p operators would be
forced to identify with every QSO.  This arrogant and distasteful operating
practice leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for a few days after this one.  If
you need to use QRZ'ed in order to manage your pile-up, you seriously need to
improve your operating skills rather than using a crutch that will diminish the
score of everyone who searches and pounces.  I guess some of us, when we build a
big-gun station, forget where we came from.