[3830] ARRLDX SSB N8PW SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N8PW SOAB HP
From: dkaiserc@neo.rr.com (dkaiserc@neo.rr.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:15:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8PW
Operator(s): N8PW
Station: N8PW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:    8     8
   40:   16    14
   20:  133    57
   15:  186    71
   10:  313    70
-------------------
Total:  657   220  Total Score = 432,960

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

WOuld be fun with only one new toy per contest. New pennant antenna works good
but preamp didn't.  Power company EMI/GFI guy & I finally found the source of my
S-9+ noise (between me & Europe)at 1:30 PM on Friday. Asked him if any chance to
have it fixed that afternoon (He's still laughing). SO - S & P for me, with only
a few minutes calling JA's during the light rain.  More fun on CW as I can smoke
my pipe (tried a few times to light-up the Heil boom mike, but odor of burning
plastic was to bad to stand).
All & all had fun with setting up & using Write-Log for the first time. Good
learning experience. Like CW better - guess I just miss the music.....
73,  Bill N8PW