[3830] WiQP N2CU SO Fixed LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WiQP N2CU SO Fixed LP
From: n2cu@arrl.net (n2cu@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 04:50:14 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

   80:   32      3
   40:   53     14
   20:   73     17
   15:    1      0
   10:    0
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  159     34  Mults = 54  Total Score = 28,512

Club: Western New York DX Assn

Comments:

Saturday started out as a glorious Spring day with temperatures approaching 65
degrees. But that was not to last. At 7PM, the high winds and rain came,
knocking down trees and power lines all over Western New York. My power went off
at 7PM and didn't return until 2:15PM on Sunday, over an hour past the start of
the contest. The only source of heat against the freezing temperatures was a
fireplace insert in one room. Fortunately the basement didn't flood and all the
antennas survived the 70+MPH gusts with no damage. I wasn't going to get on, but
contesting is in my blood so down to the Ham Cave I went. By the time it was all
over, I did better than I expected all things considered. Now to repair the
missing shingles, broken satellite dish, loose siding, torn fascia, etc...

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', 80/40m 1/4 sloper, TR Log