[3830] Commonwealth VE3KZ Restricted HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3KZ Restricted HP
From: ve3kz@rac.ca (ve3kz@rac.ca)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:22:22 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: Restricted HP
QTH: Milton, Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:   13
   40:   74
   20:  120
   15:  140
   10:  146
------------
Total:  493  Total Score = 5,385

Club:

Comments:

Lost the use of the beverages which made 80m very tough. This was a sudden
Murphyesk short in the feedline. Unfortunately the wind was howling at 115 kph
with blowing snow so quick repairs were not in the script. The rotators became
unusable for the second half of the contest. The wind torque was stronger than
the power delivered to the motor! Thank goodness long path to VK and ZL was so
good! Here is the detailed breakdown of QSO's Bonuses and Points/band.

10 146/29/1310
15 140/35/1400
20 120/37/1340
40  74/33/1030

The thing that invaded 15m made for an Excedrin weekend, but conditions were
good. I'm glad my 20m beam was under my 10m yagi. Another tower held my much
"improved" 1966 TH-6 which howled like a banshee with percip static on 20.

Looking forward to the Jubilee Contest and working everyone in more spring-like
weather. See you there!

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca