[3830] WPX SSB LZ8T(LZ2CJ) SOSB80 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LZ8T(LZ2CJ) SOSB80 HP
From: wally@el-soft.com (wally@el-soft.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:08:11 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ8T
Operator(s): LZ2CJ
Station: LZ2CJ

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Odarne
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:  848
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Used my phased verticals on 80m for a first time. Condx here were relatively
poor Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday. They were much better Sunday
evening between 17.00 -24.00Z. Long beverages are definetly not good to receive
Europe.Will need a single Delta Loop next time to be able to hear EU well. With
lack of activity from the East now the stations located in Central and South
Western EU definetly have advantage of hearing and been able to work more NA
stns.(Main contest activity centers are just NA and EU now ! JAs are gone.)
Congrats to S59CAB and I4AVG for a good job done.After my slow start S59CAB was
almost all the time ahead of me with abt 50 QSOs,but good EU run on Sunday
evening made my QSO total better. Lack of enough NA stations worked here however
made the difference in multipliers(and the final score of course).

73's de Wally LZ2CJ&LZ8T&YM3LZ

P.S. See you from TA3 land in WPX CW. We'll be Turkish Bulgarian M/S team
again.

P.P.S. Strongest USA sig was KM3T (@KC1XX), K3ZO and KQ2M. Worked WE9V at
daylight time here.Quite a number of good VE sigs as well.