[3830] WPX SSB VK8AA(VK2CZ) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VK8AA(VK2CZ) SOAB HP
From: k3hz@ieee.org (k3hz@ieee.org)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:05:50 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VK8AA
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK8AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Darwin
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    4
   80:   38
   40:  244
   20:  166
   15:  329
   10:  222
------------
Total:  953  Prefixes = 401  Total Score = 1,358,939

Club:

Comments:

40m just flipped open during the 26' (8m) king tide I had at the Arafura Surf
Lifesaving Club in Darwin on the 31st. Just finished a 4000km commute straight
to work.. my personal best yet in both the WPX contest and getting to work on
time.  The 160m qso's were also impressive, only one from Oceania - 4w6!

Funniest was a YB0 ham give me his 'phone number' as an exchange - we eventually
settled for a 001, I don't know the bahasa indon word for serial. Most curious
was the IT9 station singing his callsign and offset on 40m.

My antenna on 10m was DOA - used the 160m dipole best I could.